Friday, September 02, 2005

Fictional favorites

Books have been an important part of life. Some of my favorite fictional characters, who have influenced/inspired/invigorated me to a great deal have been listed below. I have gotten so involved in their lives while reading the books that I have forgotten my own.

Scarlett O'Hara - A definition for optimism. The never say die woman, not perfect, but possessing a lot of strength.

Tracy Whitney - Another one for strength, courage and smarts.

Howard Roark - Believed in his convictions.

Wooster and Bingo Little - funny dudes

Dumbledore - basically, the likeable old guy. The grandfather figure.

Samwise Gamgee - loyal like Hanuman :-)

Elizabeth Bennett - No pretense in the land of pretensions

Atticus Finch - Good samaritan and a good father

Sirius Black - the underdog, unlucky fella, true friend

Hercule Poirot - for his grey cells


You got favorites?

12 comments:

Adaengappa !! said...

Adeeeeengappa !! Ivalo padikka time irukka ??I envy you..Grrrrrr...

Harish said...

Fred Weasley. Me bows to him!!

Balaji said...

tracy whitney(rage of angels??), roark, wooster, samwise, bennett - what books r these from?

i used to love constantin demeris... bad guy but still...

Munimma said...

Harish, yes the Weasley twins, definitely!
Balaji, If tomorrow comes. roark - Fountainhead, Wooster - PGWodehouse(You haven't read God?), Samwise - LOTR, bennett - Lalitha :-) Pride and Prejudice

demeris?

Fathima Sagar said...

My vote goes to Hermione, Dumbledore, Weasley twins, and Perry Mason, the great! Wish I had been Della Street ;-)

ada-paavi!!!! said...

boo radely , aticus finch, dumbledore, weasly twins, don vito n micheal,sirius black, siddhartha (frm the herman hesse book), jeeves,

Me too said...

Atticus Finch(and Scout), Howard Roark, Francisco d’Anconia, Melanie (Hamilton)Wilkes, Portia and William Darcy!

Munimma said...

I had forgotten d'Anconia. Got to re-read atlas shrugged. Darcy, I considered, but I was not completely bowled over :-)

Balaji said...

demeris was a sheldon character too. other side of midnight i think. behind the screens kinda man who controls everything :) puppetmaster...

Arvind Srinivasan said...

Sherlock Holmes ?? :-)

Kumari said...

Most of your favourites are mine too but i would also like to add Dagny Taggart, Jeeves and Little Prince to the list :)

Narayanan Venkitu said...

Sorry...I am not a big reader...but of late thanks to the tags etc..I've read a few books.